Information We Collect
* Information and Content From Parents and Children: We collect the information and content children and their parents or guardians provide and generate when they register for and use Kidvelope. For example:
Information parents or guardians provide when they create a Kidvelope account for a child, such as the child’s full name and any account registration details, and additional information provided about them, such as their gender or birthday. We also collect information about your child’s connection to you and the consents and information you provide to approve your child’s Kidvelope account and activity.
* Communications and Content Shared on Kidvelope: We collect the content and information your child sends, creates and receives on Kidvelope, such as the content of messages they share with their Game Partner, photos or pictures they send, and their scores on Kidvelope missions and games they may play.
* Information on Approved Partners: We collect information about your child’s Game Partners, such as their names and other personal information you or they provide when registering for Kidvelope.
* Device information: We collect information from or about the device where Kidvelope is played online. This includes, for example, information about the operating system, hardware version, device settings, device identifiers, and connection information such as the name of the mobile operator or ISP, language and time zone, and IP address.
* Activity on Kidvelope: We also collect information about how your child uses Kidvelope including, for example, which features they use, and how long and in what ways they engage them.
How We Use This information
* To Provide, Improve, and Develop the Kidvelope Game and Service. The information helps us to deliver, support, and enhance Kidvelope, including to evaluate, improve, and create Kidvelope existing or new features, and to solve any issues that arise.
* To Communicate with Parents. We use the information to provide parents or guardians of children using Kidvelope with updates about Kidvelope (for example, when a new feature is available) and about our policies, practices, and terms. We may also use this information to respond when parents or guardians contact us.
* To Support Online Safety. We use the information to help promote safety on Kidvelope, including to help verify accounts and activity, and to look into suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
How This information Is Shared?
Kidvelope is designed to help children connect and share with parent-or guardian-approved family and friends in a fun, protected environment.
* Parent-or Guardian-Approved People Children Communicate With: Children use Kidvelope to communicate and share (for example, by playing games or sending messages or pictures) with parent-or guardian-approved family and friends. These approved friends and family can see profile information about and content received from a child they are approved to engage with. This can include the child’s name, username, and photos or other content the child shares with that approved friend or family member.
* New Owners: If the ownership or control of all or part of Kidvelope changes, we may transfer information to the new owner.
How Can Parents Manage or Remove Their Child’s Information?
Through the child’s “My Account” page in their Kidvelope account, a parent or guardian can review and edit their child’s Kidvelope profile information. In order to stop further collection and use of their child’s personal information on Kidvelope, a parent or guardian can terminate their child’s access to Kidvelope online by contacting Kidvelope -- go to Kidvelope.com/contat us.
If you terminate your child’s access, we will delete their Kidvelope registration information, information about their activity, and device information, as described above.
Reporting Suspicious Activity
As described above, we use the information we have to promote children’s safety on Kidvelope. You and your child can also report any concerning or suspicious activity to us any time by contacting us via email at Kidvelope.com/contact us.
Responding To Legal Requests or to Prevent Harm
We may access, preserve or share your child’s information in response to a legal request (for example, a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we believe in good faith we’re required under law to do that. We may also do that when we believe in good faith belief it is necessary to identify, stop or respond to fraud or other illegal activity; or to protect children or others from harm; or in connection with investigations stemming from violations of our terms and policies. We may also retain information from accounts terminated or suspended for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
We will notify parents or guardians of children using Kidvelope 30 days before we make changes to this policy, and give them the opportunity to review the changes before allowing their children to continue to use Kidvelope.
How to Contact Kidvelope with Questions
If you have questions about this policy, please contact Kidvelope at Kidvelope.com/contact us.
Effective as of August 1, 2018